Friday, June 15, 2007

Lazy Day in Marne La Valle




Patrick and Peyton lounging by the pool at the hotel.



Very lazy day today. We slept until 10:00am!

Mom went to the market and got everyone pastries for breakfast. I don’t know what they do to make bread taste SO good, but they really are amazing.

Since one of my bags had arrived, I had fortunately placed a bathing suit for Peyton in my luggage. We lounged by the indoor pool and relaxed all afternoon. Around 2:00, we went over to Disney Village. At this point we were all STARVING, so we found the first restaurant that looked halfway decent. The place was called Annette’s Diner and it was a 50’s style hamburger joint! They had real milk shakes, great French fries and decent burgers. We all enjoyed the meal until we got the bill - $102 for 3 burgers, 4 drinks and 2 desserts! No wonder the French are so skinny, they can’t afford to eat.

We spent the evening watching Apocalypto on the DVD player. My husband found a ‘hack’ on the internet to get the DVD player to play American DVDs. I thought he was crazy, but he really did it. J This is not a movie I would recommend because it is very hard to watch as a parent and very graphic.

Two more bags showed up today, so we are down to missing ONE!

No comments: