Monday, May 28, 2007

-14 Days and Counting




Two weeks?! How can our trip only be two weeks away?!

The funny thing about 'Type A' personality types is that we love to be organized and make lists. The depressing thing about 'Type A' people is that the more lists we make, the more we realize we have to get done before we leave. The good news is that I am trying to take more things off of my 'Things to Do' list than I actually put on in a day. I don't always succeed, but at least I am trying. :)


I went to Michael's (http://www.michaels.com/art/online/home) yesterday to see if I could get inspired to be creative. They had a TON of Disney and Mickey stickers and stamps that I hope to use to decorate our cabin doors. You can't put stickers (or tape, or glue of any kind) on the doors, but they sell magnetic paper that allows you to place decorative items on your door. If you want to get an understanding of how creative some people get, check out this thread on the DIS boards - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=925792

I spent most of today getting the ground transportation finalized for Paris and Barcelona. Here are the companies that we are using:

Barcelona - 3 adults 1 child, round trip to and from the Cruise Port - 100 Euros

Paris - 3 adults 1 child - Charles de Gaulle to Disneyland Paris Marriott - 75 Euros - then back to Orly from the Marriott for 80 Euros

http://www.trvtransport.com/

Both companies allowed us to book online and pay by credit card.


We are flying 'Club World' (which is a step down from First Class) on British Airways and we are trying to get all of our flights linked together. The reason for doing this is you can check your bags all the way through to your destination they allow you MORE BAGS for Club World passengers! Our Iberia flight will even allow the 3 bags at 50 lbs each instead of just ONE bag of 44 lbs! I will let you know if we are at all successful.

Speaking of air travel, we are REALLY trying to avoid the effects of jet lag. We hope that having the sleeper bed on the plane will assist us in getting to bed early. I ordered some products from Magellan's Travel Supplies (http://www.magellans.com/store/catalog?Args) called No-Jet-Lag and Badger Sleep Balm - you are beginning to see what a sucker I am, aren't you. I have ear plugs and sleep masks too. I am told these really make a difference, so I will let you know how everything works. I found a link that provides excellent tips on trying to recover from jet lag quickly - http://www.nojetlag.com/jetlag3.html.

That is all for now. I am off to enjoy our Memorial Day festivities! Have a wonderful holiday everyone!

No comments: