Wednesday, May 23, 2007

-19 Days and Counting


Oh my goodness, we are less than 20 days away!!!


There are several of us DISers (http://www.disboards.com/) that are heading to Paris in the days that lead up to our cruise. Even though the cruise does not begin until the 16th, we are leaving the States on the 11th to spend some time at Disneyland. Our plan is that this will give us time to get over jet lag and we can really enjoy the cruise.

We agonized over where to stay at DLP and finally settled on the Marriott's Village d'Ille-de-France (www.marriott.com/pardp). It is a lovely 2 bedroom villa with a kitchen and laundry (which will be handy to wash clothes before we get on the ship). My Mom had a ton of Marriott points due to all of the travel that she does, so we were able to get Marriott 'checks' to help cover the cost - thanks Mom!


We arrive in Paris after 16 hours of flying nice and early at 11:20am. I am hoping that we would have gotten some sleep on the plane and will arrive somewhat refreshed - ok, a girl can dream, right? We are using BS Transports (http://www.bstransports.com/) to get to the hotel since the cost is not that much different than the VEA and they will take us right to the Marriott.

My plan is to get to the hotel and get settled and head to DLP. I am not sure which park we are going to do first, but we may just do the Disney Village if we get in too late. We are going to try to fit in both parks and Nex in the three days we are there.

Our friend, Sue Clonan is going to meet with us at some point during the trip. She is a friend of my Uncle and now lives in Paris. We are hoping to get an excellent translator as well as a knowledgeable tour guide. On the 15th, we plan on spending the day in Paris to see the Eiffel Tower, ride the Bateaux Mouches and Notre Dame. I know what you are thinking - "When are you going to see the Louvre?". Well, with my 6 year old son in tow, we are trying to do things that will be fun for him. I think walking through a museum looking at pictures will just not be his cup of tea and I would not want to ruin the experience for everyone else. My husband and I figure this will just be an excellent excuse to go back to Paris!

No comments: